FIITJEE Faridabad or VMC (Extended / Regular (Now Founder/ Extremex) How to Decide?
(Disclaimer: You may always accuse me of being partial since I AM an employee of FIITJEE Limited (And proudly so for being associated with a team of bright and enthusiastic faculty members and students))
Here are some questions/ facts to be considered:
1. VMC was once a great brand where the three brothers themselves used to teach , however last year they have sold out to Educomp. So is VMC now still the same VMC or has gone in to commercialization and encashing the brand image? It opened 22 centers simultaneously. Will it be realistically possible for the brothers to take classes at all these centers?
2. It is told that the same brothers (one of the three is now permanently settled in US) will also be holding classes at Faridabad. Will it be through video conferencing? Can class control be achieved through video conferencing? Ideally the student teacher ratio should not exceed 50 if there is to be a proper communication. (What about class control, so many times teachers repeat the ideas looking at the body language of the students, is it even possible through video conferencing?).
3. FIITJEE Faridabad has produced excellent results in the very first year of its operations. In a small lot that the center had for the first year, It has 4 selections in RMO/GMO (Practically half the results from Faridabad). (It is Worth mentioning that in GMO only two students had qualified from faridabad and both students are from FIITJEE Faridabad besides there was also another student in RMO who was from FIITJEE Kalu Sarai).
4. In NTSE Out of total 24 students selected in the final stage, 5 students are regular classroom students of FIITJEE Faridabad. Besides Out of special NTSE support sessions that FIITJEE had arranged, 13 students cleared the final stage. This means 13 out of 24 students selected in final stage of NTSE were associated with FIITJEE Faridabad.
5. In NSEJS (First stage of Junior Science Olympiad), out of a total of 6 students selected from entire Haryana, 3 are fiitjee students (2 regular students and 1 from special NSEJS support sessions).
6. It is a general experience of students that FIITJEE Faridabad teachers are very caring and cooperative. So many students take so much extra contact time from Faculty for clearing of their doubts and faculty are always ready in their service. Is it even possible for a Student going to Punjabi Bagh on weekends to Clarify his doubts in the weekdays. Can one run all the way from Faridabad to Punjabi Bagh?
7. A few years back in the regular classroom program out of 15000 students (who appeared in their test), VMC has selected about 200 students. That means that statistically , this test was significantly more tough (or competitive) as compared to IIT JEE (8900 selections out of 4.7 lac). So, out of these, students, the expected selection rate in IIT JEE must be 100% .... Was it really 100%? ... No. it was about 60% (Yes! You read it right! From regular, not ECC.) (That too when they would move some of the relatively low scoring students from the regular batch to correspondence (thus reducing the denominator)).
So What should I do?
Of course, as a career conscious student (or parent of a student) you should doubt everything that I (or for that matter anybody else) might say and do an independent research. Ask the already studying students (who are taking coaching) and their parents : if they are satisfied... If they really feel cared for... If their doubts are addressed.... It's a matter of your career so please do make an informed decision.
Wishing you all the best,
(Professor of Physics @ FIITJEE Faridabad, AIR-538
(IIT JEE 1995), B.Tech. (Mechanical Engg. IITD)